At the end of my trip to Canada, I decided to spend a day in Minneapolis. So random, I know. But it was the easiest flight back to San Diego. I’ve never been there either, so it seemed like a good opportunity to cross it off of my bucket list!
By the end of my trip I was so insanely tired and had started coming down with a nasty cold. We decided to take it easy and have a super relaxing, lazy hotel day. I absolutely love throwing on my hotel robe, watching movies & ordering room service. It’s the perfect way to end any vacation. The Radisson Blu in Minneapolis Downtown didn’t disappoint. I love staying at Radisson Blu Hotels because they’re always super modern. They have them all over the world and I can always count on them being clean, comfortable, trendy & comfortable.
It’s smack dab in the middle of the city, which makes it super easy to walk to shops and restaurants. We took a quick trip to Angel Food Bakery when we got into town because I’ve been following them on Instagram for forever! I get so excited when I actually get to go to the restaurants & bakeries I follow.
How cute are their donuts!? I mean kitties & fruity pebbles!? Sign me up. I also had to snap a picture of the chandelier next door. The restaurant next to the bakery is called Hell’s Kitchen – on point aesthetic for the blog. Check out those hanging knives!
When we got to the hotel, they had the cutest welcome snacks waiting for us. I can’t say no to a little apple turnover. The fruit and sparkling water just took it over the edge! I love when hotels put such thoughtful touches into the experience. It really makes it feel like you’re on vacation. We grabbed some drinks and snacks at the hotel restaurant, FireLake Grill. It’s definitely the kind of restaurant that I liked so much I was bummed I couldn’t have it back home. I wanted to bring a little slice back with me. Their boozy hot chocolates were definitely the icing on the cake. I definitely have to try to recreate them!
A few of my top tips for spending a relaxing 24 hours in a hotel:
- Put that robe on!
- Pull the shades closed and get it nice and moody – way more relaxing with mood lighting.
- Ask the front desk if they have any candles – takes relaxation to the next level, especially if the room has a bath.
- Pamper yourself – if you don’t have time to go to the spa, bring the spa to you! I like to bring mini versions of my favorite products & face masks. That way I can take my time getting ready in the fancy hotel bathroom & pull out all the stops. I love Amika products, especially their Nourishing Hair Mask!
- Minimal makeup – don’t waste your time going full glam. If you’re like me, you don’t want to waste 5 hours on your makeup just to be lazy and lounge around the hotel. My go to products: It CC+ Cream, ULTA Banana Setting Powder (also reduces redness), a little Concealer just in case!
- Bring ear plugs! The hotel I stayed at was really quiet, but just in case there’s construction outside or you have a noisy neighbor. You can always grab a cheap pair at a drug store nearby!
- Room Service – order some drinks, snacks & watch a movie!
- Tea Time! – I always order tea before bed. A lot of times the room with have tea options, but if not dial room service! It helps me unwind and hydrate before my flight.
- Watch a movie & fall asleep early!
You know how I feel about waffles… the hotel had literally THE BEST waffles with fruit & whipped cream. MY FAVORITE! I won’t complain about any waffle, but if you give me berries & whipped cream – you have my heart forever. Breakfast in bed is literally the best way to end a vacation. Relax in bed with some coffee, catch up on some cheesy TV & savor the last few hours of quiet time before flying home!