As the reigning donut queen, it’s my duty to share the most AMMMAZING recipe I just whipped up with you guys. I realize it’s Spring, but if you’re like me – you’re missing pumpkin spice season. I don’t care if it’s April, I want my damn pumpkin flavored everything. These baked donuts are v exciting because they only take about 30 minutes and two ingredients to whip up. Even better? You can use a container of frosting for the glaze.
How is this witchcraft possible? It’s a good ol’ cake mix recipe. If you haven’t tried my Magical Magenta Funfetti Donuts or Mint S’more Oreo Donuts, today might be the day to make donuts for the whole neighborhood. They’re super easy to make, inexpensive & totally tasty. They’re nice & fluffy and the frosting is a super easy substitute for a glaze.
I give you… Glittery Gold Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice Donuts! Not only are they super tasty, they’re gold & sparkly so you feel super fancy when you eat them!
What you’ll need:
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Prep your donut pans by spraying them with nonstick cooking spray. If you don’t have a donut pan, you can pick them up on Amazon here!
- Mix your cake mix and the canned pumpkin together until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a large ziplock bag. Cut a small piece off of one corner and fill each donut ring about half way full.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until they’re cooked through. Let the donuts cool off in the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing them.
- Heat the frosting in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Dip each donut into the frosting and let it dry. If you want to add sprinkles, do it while it now! I used Sparkly Gold Sprinkles & Gold Color Mist to decorate!