Summer Skincare Guide

Erin Aschow Revenge Bakery Skincare Erin Aschow Revenge Bakery Skincare Tips Trophy Skinc at home Microdermabrasion Kit Erin Aschow Skincare Routine I get a lot of questions about my skincare routine, so I thought I’d start by sharing a few of my favorite products and tips. I’d like to preface this post with the fact that I DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT have perfect skin. It’s a struggle, I have adult acne, scars, hyper pigmentation & some fine lines. It’s the real world people! I haven’t jumped into the world of high tech lasers, botox or fillers. Not to say I have anything against them or would rule them out completely, but my goal is to wait as long as possible. I think there’s something to be said about aging gracefully. I’m not even 30 yet! I’ve tried a million different skincare products over the years. From Drugstore finds & natural remedies to the most expensive stuff you can find at Sephora. I’ve got combination skin, meaning I it has both oily and dry moments. During the winter & when I travel, I tend to get really dried out. In the summer, I get oily and have random breakouts. Because of my olive complexion, I scar really easily. I get dark spots from picking at dry skin & get what’s called hyper pigmentation if my face gets too much sun. Here’s a recap of my daily, weekly, monthly & yearly skincare musts:   A few months ago I 100% switched over to Dermalogica and I’ve seen a huge improvement in my skin’s texture & overall “glow”. It’s so hard to pick a skincare line. Every time I go into a store or search online, I’m overwhelmed with options. Not to mention the people working are always pushing something new. I just want to know what actually works. And I can honestly say – this stuff works. They’ve got products for every type of skin and issue. My current regimen: Step One: Precleanse  This stuff is literally a game changer and my favorite new product. I know it sounds like overkill, but it breaks up all of your makeup and melts everything away, making it easier for the cleanser to do it’s job. Step Two: Special Cleansing Gel  I use this in the morning and at night! I was a little surprised that it doesn’t foam up, but it definitely leaves my skin feeling clean. Step Three: Daily Microfoliant This stuff starts out as a powder and then turns into a scrub! It’s got Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate your dead cells, leaving skin smoother and brighter. I use this at night time only! Step Four: Phyto Replenish Oil I really like that this oil is lightweight & doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy. It also works really well when you mix it with your foundation to give a glowy look. Step Five: Active Moist I love the consistency of this lotion. It’s super lightweight and has plant extracts that help improve skin texture and fight surface dehydration Step Six: Hydrablur Primer This stuff is AMAZING. It makes your skin look airbrushed/gives it a matte look & blurs out wrinkles. I only use this in the daytime. You can use it alone or under your makeup! Step Seven: Solar Defense Booster SPF 50 I’m all about the SPF. I use this every day, regardless of what I’m doing or if I’m wearing makeup.

Erin Aschow Skincare Routine Erin Aschow Revenge Bakery Skincare Tips Erin Aschow Revenge Bakery Skincare Erin Aschow Skincare Routine I also recently started using Tropy Skin’s RejuvadermMD Microdermabrasion System. It’s basically an at home microdermabrasion stytem you can use – instead of having to go into a dermatologist or spa. It combines suction with a diamond tip exfoliator, just like you get in an office. It takes about 5 minutes and you can do it at night time after you wash your face (but before you start putting products on). When you use it, the outer layer of your skin is removed, kind of like a buffer. This promotes healthy growth of sells. The suction helps increase blood flow with helps rebuild collagen and elastin – making your skin tighter & brighter! It’s great for erasing sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles and blemishes. It also comes with a super cool pore extraction tip – perfect for getting those pesky blackheads out without having to squeeze your face!

15 Comments

Renee
    April 28, 2017 at 7:40 pm

I’m part of the posse! I love your posts!!

Ashley Newton
    April 28, 2017 at 8:15 pm

I love this post! I didn’t really start having acne problems until I started college, and so now I try to learn as much as I possibly can when it comes to skincare. So thanks for posting this! Also thanks for making the Revenge Posse! The group is so awesome!

Caitlin antonello
    April 28, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Love this write up! I just went for my first ever facial a few weeks ago and I’m definitely going to make it a habit! Felt so refreshing. I’m part of the posse too! (;

Bailey Luellen
    April 28, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I have a really hard time trying to find a skin care regimen that works for me so I’ll have try this. Also I’m a part of the Revenge Posse and it’s so fun already! Thanks for making and it helping to create a positive place to make friends ♡

Letizia
    April 28, 2017 at 10:14 pm

I love this post! I don’t have a really good skin, so it would be really perfect, really helpful, thanks!

ren
    April 28, 2017 at 11:49 pm

(Straight from the posse, here I am!) I have some pretty gnarly acne and I happen to use Proactiv! It’s pretty good but when you don’t use it, you break out. I have super oily skin and everything is super hydrating which makes my skin worse! Reading this though, really makes me want to try this! I never thought about doing some of the stuff on your list. The product you use sounds great.

Gry
    April 29, 2017 at 12:34 am

Love your blog so much! Currently do i have lot of pimbles, and its soon my last school day. I hope to have better skin. So thank you so much for this post!

Cheyenne Simmons
    April 29, 2017 at 4:23 am

Revenge posse is strong!

Megan Hannabuss
    April 29, 2017 at 6:16 am

I have 2 scars on my right eyebrow (which makes it look like half an eyebrow) so I have really dry skin on that area of my forehead and oily skin on my cheeks. Took my ages to find decent products for both . The list was so useful! (Also a member of the posse! )

Jesserie Nevarez
    April 29, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Thank you for this post I definitely needed it! College has me breaking out too so I’m taking all the skincare advice I can get. Thanks for the Revenge Posse by the way it has been great so far!

Josie sanabria
    April 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Thanks so much for the post ! Super informative

Veronica Gordyn
    April 30, 2017 at 6:53 pm
    Celina Alvarado
    April 30, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I definitely need that microdermabrasion system thanks for sharing, Erin

Mari torres
    May 1, 2017 at 9:21 am

Loved this post just subscribed because saw you on instagram and love what I see , love everything that has to do with beauty, travel and loves this post on skin care thank you so much you killed it ❤

Cortney
    May 1, 2017 at 10:14 am

Hopefully this is right. But love your blog so much.