Sometimes, you just have to say F*ck It and eat the damn bread. Am I right? Or am I right?
Bread is my kryptonite. Give me carb loaded, warm bread any day of the week over a cookie. That brown bread from the Cheesecake Factory – that’s like Gold Kryptonite (aka completely debilitates me).
As you know, I have a diabolical skill… creating insanely over the top recipes. I mean, if I can stuff an Oreo and a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup into one cookie, game on. So, what’s the Oreo/Reese’s equivalent for bread? I give you… Bacon Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Cheesy Pull Apart Bread. Aka “Crack Bread”. Any time I hear the words “stuffed” and “cheesy” in one sentence I get butterflies in my stomach. This bread is legitimately addicting in all the right ways.
I highly recommend adding this to your “Things to Cook” Pinterest board. I’m going to be 100% honest: it’s literally one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever posted. It’s almost impossible to mess up. And if you make it for a party or as an appetizer for your friends and family… they’re going to bow down to you and knight you ruler of the house.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Cheesy Pull Apart Crack Bread
That’s a mouthful. Literally. You’re going to be stuffing this stuff in your mouth at record speed. The great thing is that it’s super easy and inexpensive to make. You can also prep it before heading over to a friends house or before you have people come over and pop it into the oven to serve it fresh and gooey.
- 1large loaf of bread – I recommend a round of sourdough, or something with a thick crust
- 5 sliced jalapeños – if you don’t want to it to be as spicy, chop them into smaller pieces
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter – just pop it into a glass & microwave for about 30 seconds
- 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning or dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup of crumbled bacon – you can you bacon bits, or make your own (if you’re vegetarian just leave it out)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese – I liked using sharp cheddar, but mild works as well
- Grab a cutting board and serrated knife. Then cut slices into the bread about 1 1/2 inches apart. Then do the same thing in the other direction. It will make it look like you cut your bread into a grid. Make sure you don’t slice all the way down, leave about 1/4 inch so that it doesn’t cut all the way through.
- Mix your melted butter and ranch seasoning. Pour it over the bread, making sure to get it between all the nooks and crannies.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese and stuff it in between all the pieces of bread.
- Push the bacon bits in between the pieces of bread. Like I said, if you’re vegetarian, just skip this step, or use a substitute.
- Lastly, push your jalapeños in between the slices. If you want it to be extra spicy, add more! If you want it to be on the mild side, chop the jalapeños into smaller pieces so it’s easier to spread them out.
- Lastly, top the bread with your remaining cheese. If anything fell off, throw it on top!
- Cover the bread with foil to make a little tend and bake for about 10 minutes at 375 F. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately and dig in!
You’re going to want to get your hands all up in this business. So be sure to have some napkins ready!
Off The Shoulder Sweater: PrettyLittleThing