I recently posted a poll on my Instagram asking what copycat recipe you guys wanted to see and the winner was clear. Taco Bell won by a landslide. Which totally makes sense. Taco Bell has always been my favorite fast food chain. So when it comes to creating mouth watering, insanely amazing fast-food recipe concoctions, Taco Bell always comes out on top. Let’s take a second to appreciate the glory that is the Crunchwrap Supreme. It’s basically the work of an artistic food genius.
For those of you who haven’t gotten to experience the majestic flavors of Taco Bell, the Crunchwrap Supreme is a a taco-burrito hybrid. It combines a soft (yet crispy when grilled) tortilla on the outside, and a hidden crunchy taco shell on the inside. Also, it’s layered with flavors and ingredients inside. Lucky for you… you don’t have to put a pants on to get your very own Crunchwrap any more because I came up with a spot on recipe that you can make in your very own kitchen (pants optional).
How This Taco Bell Copycat Recipe Compares To The Real Thing
All copycat recipes are not created equally. I know, it’s hard to believe. But not everyone who posts a copycat recipe has as meticulous a fast food palette as I do. The key to this recipe’s success is in the ingredient breakdown and process. I’d go as far to say it might be even better? Not only does it use real ingredients you can buy at the grocery store, but you can also make as many as you want! They’re super filling and easy to make in large batches. Think: the perfect party food or girls night late night snack.
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef (I used 95% lean)
- Taco Bell seasoning mix (you can find it in store at Walmart or on Amazon)
- large burrito tortillas (this recipe makes 4 Crunchwraps, but you can make them individually and save the leftovers)
- crunchy tostada shells
- 1 can of nacho cheese sauce
- A single cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (I used canned tomatoes)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- vegetable oil
- Taco Bell Mild Sauce (you can find it in store at Walmart or on Amazon)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook your ground beef. As you’re cooking, break the meat up with a wooden spoon or spatula, until the beef is no longer pink and becomes brown (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add your Taco Bell Seasoning and cook according to the package directions. If you can’t find Taco Bell brand seasoning, then substitute it with another brand. Or, try making it yourself!
- To build your crunch wrap, start with a plain large flour tortilla. Then, add a scoop of ground beef to the center of the tortilla and make sure you leave a good amount of space around the edges for folding.
- Warm up your nacho cheese (I heated mine in the microwave) and then drizzle about 2 tablespoons of cheese sauce on top of the meat.
- Place your tostada shell on top.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of sour cream over the shell, then top it with lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- Tightly fold the edges of the tortilla towards the center. Also, I found it helpful to put it on a large plate and turn it as I folded. If your tortilla isn’t large enough, cut a small piece of another tortilla and place it into the center. The goal is to have it completely covered so that nothing can fall out.
- To cook, heat up a medium to large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Then, invert the crunchwrap (seam side down) and cook until it’s golden brown. I recommend placing something on top, such as a bowl or small sauce pan to help make the edges crispy and flat. Finally, after about 3-5 minutes, flip the crunchwrap. Then cook the other side.
- You can make the entire batch or save the ingredients and assemble them later!
Want To See More Taco Bell Copycat Recipes?
I’ve been thinking about doing more copycat recipes like this, but would love to know what you’d like to see! So here are a few ideas:
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse Pizzookie
- California Pizza Kitchen Original BBQ Pizza
- Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake
- IHOP’s Cheesecake Pancakes
- Chipotle’s Chicken Burrito Bowl
- PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chick-Fil-A’s Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard
- Chili’s Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Starbucks Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Disneyland Peanut Butter Sandwich
Comment below and let me know which one you want to see next! Or if you have any other favorite foods you’d like to learn to make!
Still Hungry? Also Check Out These Recipes: